- NAINITAL TOURISM
- NAINITAL ATTRACTIONS
- AROUND NAINITAL
- NAINITAL TRAVEL
- NAINITAL HOTELS
- NAINITAL PACKAGES
- ADD YOUR HOTEL
Nainital is a well known Hill station in Uttarakhand and home office of Nainital region in the Kumaon foothills of the external Himalayas. Arranged at an elevation of 2,084 meters above ocean level, Nainital is set in a valley containing a pear-molded lake, roughly two miles in circuit, and encompassed by mountains, of which the most astounding are Naina on the north, Deopatha on the west, and Ayarpatha on the south. From the highest points of the higher tops, "radiant perspectives can be acquired of the endless plain toward the south, or of the mass of tangled edges lying north, limited by the immense frigid extent which frames the focal pivot of the Himalayas. Set in the midst of the towering crests of the Kumaon Hills, the lake resort of Nainital has a great deal to offer. From sailing to sustaining creatures at the zoo; from picnicking on the slopes to investigating Jim Corbett's home, Nainital has all that you could seek after in a hill station. Nainital is set in two sections, Tallital and Mallital, with the lake isolating them. Tallital is the southern side of the lake, while Mallital comprises of the northern upper spans. The town was devastated amid the Landslip of 1880, and later remade by the British. It is prestigious for its lake, bird's-eye sees, and prestigous educational institutes.
The weather in Nainital is quite pleasant. Summers are mildly warm and temperatures may reach 22 °C. During winter, temperatures may be sub-zero. The town receives snowfall during December and January.
The Kumaon Hills went under British guideline after the Anglo-Nepalese War (1814–16). The Hill station town of Nainital was established just in 1841, with the development of the primary European house (Pilgrim Lodge) by P. Barron, a sugar merchant from Shahjahanpur. In his diary, he wrote: "It is by far the best site I have witnessed in the course of a 1,500 miles trek in the Himalayas." In 1846, when a Captain Madden of the Bengal Artillery went to NainiTal, he recorded that "houses were quickly springing up in many parts of the settlement: some towards the peak of the limitary reaches were almost 7,500 ft above ocean level: the tough and woody Anyarpatta (Anyar-patt – in Kumaoni implies – complete power outage. The purpose behind this classification by local people was on the grounds that there were negligible sun beams because of its area and thick woods) was by and large bit by bit planted and that the most loved destinations were on the undulating tract of woodland area which extended over from the leader of the lake to the base of China and Deopatta (Camel's Hump).
Reviews about Nainital
Outlook Traveller magazine – “Glorious as heaven itself must be, I have always thought the gates of heaven must be its crowning glory. That at least is true of Nainital, as you reach, you find the sky measured out in grey and blue.”
Business Standard Motoring magazine – “Nainital is one of the quietest hill stations in India, quiet and so well hidden that you only realize you’re there when you turn past the gates of the elegant Kumaoni Rifles Cantonment.”
HolidayIQ.com – “You won’t find much of popular tourism here and it is as if the town intends to preserve its local charm and sanctity.”
How To Reach
Nainital is well connected by motorable roads with major destinations of northern India. Nainital is only one hour drive from Kathgodam which is spread on the hills of the lower Himalayan range. You can take taxi or bus from Kathgodam to reach Nainital. Most number of tourists who visit Nainital commences their journey from New Delhi. The distance between Delhi to Nainital is 320kms which can be covered by 9hour drive, Nainital is connected with NH87. Buses to Nainital are available from ISBT Anand Vihar. Buses and Taxis are available from all major destination of Garhwal and Kumaon region asNainital is one of the frequently visited hill station of India.
Kathgodam is the nearest railway station to Nainital, situated at a distance of 41kms. Kathgodam is well connected by Railway networks with major destinations of India like Lucknow, Delhi and Kolkata. Trains are frequent to Kathgodam as it is the gateway of Kumaon region. There are two trains that run daily between Delhi to Kathgodam and vice-versa. Kathgodam is the nearest railhead to Nainital. Nainital is only one hour drive 41kms from Kathgodam Railway Station. Buses and Taxis are easily available to Nainital from Kathgodam.
Pant Nagar Airport is situated in Uttarakhand state and is one of the two airports of Uttarakhand. Pantnagar is the nearest airport to Kathgodam and Nainital as well. It is situated 72kms from Nainital and is well connected by motorable roads. Taxis to Nainital and Kathgodam are easily available from Pant Nagar Airport. There are connecting bus services to Nainital everyday at regular intervals. Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi is 300 Km.
Must see places in Nainital
Places to Visit
Naini Lake is soul of the town sprinkling its charm with natural and idle water. Nainital is split into two parts by Naini Lake named Mallital and Tallital. Mallital is northern shore of lake and tallital is southern shore of the lake. Both shore of the Naini Lake are ideal place for shopping.
Govind Ballabh Pant High Altitude Zoo situated at a distance of 2km from the Nainital bus station. The zoo is placed at an altitude of 2100mts above sea level bringing high altitude species-like Siberian Tiger, Himalayan Black Bear, barking deer, bird & plant species a sufficient and habitat like surrounding. The zoo is closed on Mondays.
Governor's House-the official guest house for the governor of Uttarakhand. Constructed in colonial architecture is must watch tourist attraction of Nainital.
Tiffin Top or Dorothy's Seat situated on Ayarpatta hills at an altitude of 8,579 ft. It is accessible via treks across steep terrain or on horse ride for elders.
China peak or more popular among locals as Cheena Peak or Naini peak with an altitude of 8,579 ft provides sights of snow clad mighty Himalayas in additon to uninterrupted beauty of Nainital town and is the tallest peak in Nainital.
Naina Devi Temple-icon of religious importance, is located right on the shore of Naini lake offers majestic view of the Nainital.located on northside of the shore of naini lake, is dedicated to Goddess Sati and renowned among 64 shakti peethas devoted to her.
Snow View Popular cable car rides origination from Mall Road, Nainital finishes at Snow View situated at altitude of 7,450 ft, offering snowbound Himalayas.
Sariyatal Sariyatal is small but very beautiful lake located at the distance of 5kms from Nainital, this lake is heart shaped with its clear shinning blue water . Sariyatal is best for spending time or a picnic spot.Adjacent to lake there is a famous himalayan botanical garden, butterfly park and a auditorium. Kids coming to Sariyatal can enjoy in the small park, get acquainted with the rich flora of this region.
Hanuman Garhi This famous temple is dedicated to the mighty Lord Hanuman ji, located at out skirts of the town.It has a beautiful sunrise and sunset point, you will love to witness, with mesmerizing views.It is stationed 4kms from the Nainital town, and most visited temple of the area.
Thandi Sarak running parallel to Mall Road adjacent to Nainital Lake and is the walkers paradise.Full of flora faunais a must visit Nainital attraction for rediscovering yourself.
Mall Raod: The main highlights of this city is referred to its prestigious vibrant, mall road which was built during the time of britishers, and lies on the center of town. There are numerous number of shops for shopping, entertainments, hotels, restaurants, cafes etc. Without a stroll on Mall Road in morning and evening your tour to Nainital is just incomplete.
Boating : Boating in Naini Lake is an absolute necessity. Paddle vessels can be employed by the hour. You can likewise procure a yacht from the Nainital Boat Club, which costs Rs 250 every hour and accompanies a boatman, you can likewise have a self paddle boat.
Nainital Zoo : Feed the animals at the Nainital Zoo, where you will locate some high-height species that are local to the area. . Zoo Entry Fee: Rs 50 and Rs.30 for kids 25 rupees additional for a camera, shut on Mondays. The zoo additionally has an intriguing sponsorship program where you can support the upkeep and food of your preferred animal. The zoo is spread over a wide region and requires part of strolling, so visit just on the off chance that you are OK with that.
Trek to China Peak : -China Peak, the most astounding point in the region. You can get beautiful perspectives of the entire locale. Climbing there takes around 60 mins and is not all that strenuous. Likewise you can see an all encompassing perspective of snow topped himalayas assist north (in sep, oct and nov as it were). On the highest point of the mountain you can locate a little bistro serving bread omelet, a few scones, tea and espresso at a sensible cost. Relatively few individuals go there thus its a decent choice to escape from this occupied, insatiable world
Trek to Tiffin's Top: Tiffin's Top. Its a somewhat touristy spot and you can feel the surge there. You can get on a stallion likewise to go to the top(Rs. 300-1000). The Horse ride is a to a great degree decent experience, however guarantee that women go before the male individuals from the gathering. Its not all that extreme to climb there. On the highest point of this slope, one can discover a wide range of shops, rushing with individuals.
Visit Kaichi Dham / Neem Karoli Baba Ashram : Neem Karoli Baba Ashram & Temple is a Hindu religious centre, and temple, dedicated to Shri Neem Karoli Baba, a Hindu saint and Guru in the Indian tradition. Many of his devotees visit this temple from all over the world. It is situated 18 Km from Nainital on the road going to Almora.
Capture Events at D.S.A. Stadium : Nainital has year round Cricket, Football(soccer), Basketball, Field Hockey, Boxing competitions upto National level. Every so often music shows and cultural events also take part on the premises.
Discover Cave Garden: This comprises of a progression of caves which get smaller as you advance. Individuals who are claustrophobic ought not investigate the later ones and there is an office to get out after each hole. Guarantee to wear clothes which would empower you to crawl and so forth. It is sitauted 6 Km from Mallital and has 6 caves i.e. Tiger, Panther, Porcupine, Bats, Flying Fox, and Apes.
Shopping : There are two major shopping areas, The Mall and Barra Bazaar. Traditional buys have included shawls, scarves, cardigans and local jams. You can also buy wooden handicrafts which are good and cheap option for souvenirs.
Places to Eat
Various small restaurants offer decent selection of snacks, lunch and dinner and most of them are located around Naini Lake.
- Woods - Alka Hotel, The Mall. Tel : 235220.
- Sher-e-Punjab - The Mall. Punjabi cuisine.
- Embassy - The Mall.
- Purohit - The Mall. Just besides the Embassy
- Machan - The Mall. Tel : 37672
- Laxmi - The Mall. Tel : 37476
- Shiva - Barra Bazaar. Famous for sweets and veggie fare.
- Anupam's - Bara Bazaar.
- Aab-O-Dana - Arif Castles, Mallital.
- Kumaon - Manu Maharani, Grasmere Estate, Mallital. Tel : 37341/8
- Sakley's Restaurant & Pastry Shop - Off the Mall, Mallital, Nainital, India,
Tel :(05942) 235086.
- Ritu (Baker's Hut) - The Pavilion, Mallital, Nainital (opposite the high court), Tel : 9927041727. Baker's Hut goes beyond the boundaries of a conventional bakery. Freshly baked goodies, plus dynamic menu which keeps on changing from day to day
- Chandni Chowk - Mall road, Tel : 231141. North & South indian food. Pure veg, excellent food.
DrinkAll the restaurants serve your regular tea and coffee but do not expect to splurge in lavish cocktails or high end spirits!
- Alcohol is served in the top-end hotels. There are no good bars outside the hotels, even in the Mall.
- Tea is served in the dhabas of The Mall. Try the local "Herbal Chai" .
- Verandah, Arif Castles, Mallital. This 24-hour cafe serves excellent coffee and pastries.
There are two noteworthy shopping regions, The Mall and Barra Bazaar. Conventional purchases have included shawls, scarves, cardigans and nearby sticks. You can likewise purchase wooden painstaking work which are great and modest choice for keepsakes.
Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board is the most amazing body to urge Government on all matters relating to tourism in the State. The statutory board is driven by the
Tourism Minister Govt. of Uttarakhand and Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand is it's unfortunate propensity director. The Principal Secretary/Secretary tourism goes about as
Chief Executive Officer. It furthermore have five non-official people from the private part and experts in tourism related matters.The board in like manner fills in as a managerial
and allowing Power.
Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board,Pt.Deendayal Upadhaya Paryatan Bhawan.Near ONGC Helipad,Garhi Cantt.
Dehradun-248001(India) Contact No- 91- 135- 2559898, 2559987 E-mail UTDB : email@example.com Fax-- 135 - 2559988
There are a lot of lodgings in Nainital. Guests are ruined for decision in the top end class. Mountain Quail and Jungle Lore offer tents. However go for lodgings that are on the shopping center street, there are inns that are shoddy yet coming to there by foot is a test .
Shervani Hilltop,Mallital, Nainital
Hotel Krishna , Mall Road, Nainital
Chevron ,Mallital, Nainital
Arif Castle , Mallital, Nainital
Hotel Himalaya , Tallital, Nainital
Naini Retreat , Mallital, Nainital
Manu Maharani, Grassmere Estate
Vikram Vintage ,Mallital, Nainital
Balrampur House,Mallital, Nainital
Budget Property ( 1 - 2 Star)
- Sarovar TRH - Tallital. Tel : 35570.
- Mountain Quail - Buldakote, Pangot. Tel : 9837177537, 9837068400.
- Hotel Krishna - The Mall.
- Hotel New Bharat- Zoo road,The mall,Reservation 0091-9411107549.
- Ashok Hotel - Single Room, Rs.230-280 - Double Room, Tallital. Tel : 0091-5942-235721, 0091-9412906833
- Savoy Hotel
- Hotel Vikrant
- Hotel City Heart - ear the Nainital Mountaineering Club of Nainital,
- Hotel Rose valley - near the TalliTal Police station Tel : 231224 . Cost us Rs 700 for a Six bed room .
Mid Range Property ( 3 Star)
- Grand Hotel - The Mall. Tel : 235406,235008
- Alka Hotel - The Mall. Tel : 235220,236216
- Palace Belvedere - Awagarh Estate.
- Jungle Lore Birding Lodge - Pangot.
- Vikram Vintage Inn - Mallital. Tel : 36177/9
- Channi Raja - The Mall. Tel : 232859
- Fair light trails resort - A Heritage Bungalow located atop Nainital.
- Classic The Mall - Mall Road.
- Himalaya Hotel - Tallital. Tel : 05942 237258.
- The Pavilion - Mallital. Tel : 05942 236178.
High Class Property (4 - 5 Star)
- Abbotsford- Prasada Bhawan - Mallital. Tel : +91-9811040335.
- Arif Castles - Mallital. Tel : 35801/3.
- The Naini Retreat - Aryapatta Slopes. Tel : 05942 235105, 011 4652 0000
- Manu Maharani - Grasmere Estate, Mallital. Tel : 37341/8.
- Woodside Retreat - Pangot. Tel : 4524878/4.
- Cyberia, Mallital. The fastest connections in town.
- Flattis, The Mall. This is Nainital's most famous cyber cafe and also houses a small restaurant.
- Cyber Zone - Perfect place for using the internet. You can book your flight as well as train ticket from this cafe. Cyber Zone is situated near Bank of Baroda, Mallital, Nainital.
- STD/ISD booths are scattered around the city. The fare is calculated using a digital meter.
- Cell-phone coverage is fairly good. BSNL, Airtel vodafone; and !dea Cellular are the main operators.
- The STD code for the Nainital region is 05942. If you are calling from a cell-phone or another town in the country, dial 05942-XXXXXX
- For international calls to Nainital, the code will be : +91-5942-XXXXXX
- The STD code for the nearest Railway stations and largest town (Kathgodam and Haldwani) is 05946
Some Important Postal Code OF Nainital
- Nainital Postal Code-263001
- Bhotia Parao-263141
- Suyal Bari-263135
- B.D.Pandey Male Hospital, Mallital. Tel - 05942-235012/235022
- B.D.Pandey Female Hospital, Mallital. Tel - 05942-235686/235022
- G.B. Pant Hospital (Ramsay Hospital), Ramsay Road, Tallital. Tel - 05942-235388
- Sushila Tiwari Forest Hospital, Haldwani. Tel - 05946-234423/30
- Vaccine Research Institute, Patwadangar. Tel - 241129
- Veterinary Hospital, Haldwani. Tel - 05946-221014, 235636
- Sitapur Eye Hospital, Haldwani. Tel - 05946-220209
Bank / Post Offices
- SBI, Mallital. Te - 235645, 235087
- SBI, Tallital. Tel - 235579
- Punjab National Bank, Barra Bazaar. Tel - 235714
- National Bank Ltd, Tallital. Tel - 235414
- Kurmanchal Bank, Tallital. Tel - 235440, 236037
- Kurmanchal Bank, Barra Bazaar. Tel - 235427
- Post Office, Tallital. Tel - 235704
- Bank Of Baroda Nainital - 235377,236285,235312
- Central Bank Of India Nainital - 235495
- Allahabad Bank Nainita - 236029,236049,237729
- National Insurance Co.Nainital - 235882,235010,235320
Best Schools in Nainital
- St.Joseph's College, Nainital - 238097,239039
- Sherwood College, Nainital - 235042,236524,235036
- St. Mary's Convent, Nainital - 239340,235740,235364
- Birla Vidya Mandir,Nainital - 235370,235013,236878,236879
- All Saints Girls College,Nainital - 238376,236387,235123,235121
- St. Amtuls Public School,Nainital - 236557,235752,236910
- Sainik School Ghorakhal - 249051
- Mohan Lal Sah Balika Vidya Mandir, Nainital - 236189
- Central Bank Of India Nainital - 235495
- GGIC Nainital - 237754
- Herman Gminer PublicSchool, Bhimtal - 247073,247088
- Kumaun University Office V.C.Registrar - 235621,236912,235576,235068,235321,236583
- D.S.B. College Nainital - 235417,235562,236788
- Graphiv Era Hill University- Sat tal Road-p.o. Bhowali, Bhimtal, Ph-Contact No.: 05946-270005/ 91-8859004897/ 91-8126107820, E-Mail Address- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nainital Polytechnic, Nainital - 235483
- DIET, Bhimtal - 247069
- Amrapali Institute of Applied Science, Shiksha Nagar Kaladhungi Road Haldwani,Ph- (05946) 238201/238204
- Uttrakhand Open University, Behind Transport Nagar, Teenpani Bye Pass Road, Haldwani, Uttarakhand, Ph- 05946-286000, Fax-05946-264232, website-http://uou.ac.in
- Inter National Institute of Fashion Design,Address-Kaladungi Road, Unchapul, Haldwani, Nainital, Uttarakhand, Ph-9675445986, 9720180402
5 Day Youth Camp at Van Niwas, Bara Patthar : The camp exercises incorporate a fundamental rock-climbing course, Yoga and meditaion in the mornings, trekking around Nainital, star-looking and different social projects. The camp is instructive, fascinating and sensibly evaluated. Notwithstanding, the nourishment is veggie lover and no liquor is permitted. Rs 2200, just Rs 400 is non-refundable. To apply, contact The Convenor - Camps, Sri Aurobindo Ashram - Delhi Branch, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi - 110016. For more data in regards to the settlement and exercises, call 235737, the Van Niwas telephone number in Nainital. On the off chance that you pay with check, it ought to be payable to Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Delhi Branch Trust.
Vipassana Meditation Course : The courses are held in both Hindi and English. There is no settled focus, venues change each day, and the lessons are as a rule out in the open. The course concentrates on unwinding the psyche, body and soul through reflection and cooperation with the outside environment. Contact Dr. Ravindra Reo at B.D. Pande Hospital.
Kumaon University : Kumaon University is headquartered in Nainital, with a smaller branch in Almora. It offers numerous full-time and temporary courses.
ARIES - State observatory : Located around one kilometer from Hanuman Garhi on the top of a ridge is the State Observatory. The observatory is usually open to the public in the evenings but one should confirm the timings from the tourist office before visiting here.With prior permission, visitors can get access to the observatory and also experience the pleasure of viewing celestial objects through the telescope on clear nights.You Can Visit Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES ) Walking or By Taxi.
Prestigious boarding schools like St. Joseph's College, Sherwood College, St. Mary's Convent, All Saint's Convent and Birla Vidya Mandir attract pupils from all parts of the world.
The former four are affiliated to ICSE board while BVM is affiliated to CBSE board, respectively.
- Birla Institute of Applied Sciences, Bhimtal
- Graphic Era Hill University, Sattal
- Pant Nagar University, Udham Singh Nagar is also a prestigious university in the region especially in agricultural studies.
Research Institute in Nainital
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences-ARIES, Manora Peak Naintal Uttrakhand, Ph-(05942)233734/233735/233727/232655
Government of India Traning Division
Uttarakhand Academy of Administration, Nainital, Head- Shri Avanendra Singh Nayal, IAS Director
Address- Ardwell Camp Mallital Nainital Uttarakhand 263001, Phone : 05942-235011, 236068, 236149 Fax : 05942-237642 Email : email@example.com, website- www.uaoa.in
Administration Contacts/ Important Contacts
Commmisionary Level Offices.
- Commissioner ( Nainital) -235750, FAX-236041.
- Addl. Commissioner - 237084, 237085.
- M.D. KMVN, Nainital - 236897,235700, 236209.
- Deputy Director(Tourism) - 235337.
District Level Offices.
- District Magistrate (At Nainital) - 235684 FAX-236305
- Addl. Distt.Magistrate - 235766
- S.D.M. (Nainital) - 235688
- Tahsildar(Nainital) - 235459
- District Election Officer - 235284
- District Information Officer - 235605
- District Education Officer (DEO) , Bhimtal - 248469
- Chief Treasury Officer, Nainital - 235016
- Ex. Engr. Hydel - 235524
- Zila Panchyat - 235014
Police , Jail & Fire Services
- I.G. Kumaun( Nainital) - 235456
- S.S.P. Nainital (Nainital) - 235730
- C.O. Nainital - 235730
- P.S. Mallital - 235424
- P.S.Tallital - 236470
- District Jail Nainital - 235198
- Fire Services Nainital - 235626
- Supdt. District Jail - 236997
- P.S.Bhowali - 220023
- P.S.Bhimtal - 247044
- P.S.Mukteshwar - 286178
- District Jail Nainital - 235198
- Fire Services Nainital - 235626
- Supdt. District Jail - 236997
- High Court Of Uttaranchal Nainital - PBX No.- 235388,Fax-231692
- D.J. Nainital - 235140,232608
- C.J.M. Nainital - 235140
Central Govt. Offices
- National Informatics Centre, Nainital - 236261,237883
- Telecom District Engr.,Nainital - 235244
- S.D.O. Nainital - 236366
- Army Exchange - 235659,236069
- Head Post Office Nainital - 236199
- P.O. Tallital - 235704
Common Destination Distances
- Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi - 299 km
- Bareilly - 130 km
- Lukhnow - 381 km
- Chandigarh - 470 km
- Kathgodam - 23 km
- Moradabad - 113 km
- Jim Corbett National Park - 77 km
- Kashipur - 83 km
- Kausani - 114 km
- Ranikhet - 55 km
- Bageshwar - 137 km
- Haldwani - 30 km
- Pithoragarh - 176 km
- Mussourie - 326 km
- Rudrapur - 67 km
- Haridwar - 142 km
- Almora Zoo - 62 km
- KMVN Guest Houses & Others.
- TRC Reservation Office,Nainital - 231436, 236374 (Fax)
- TRC Sukhatal Nainital - 231437
- TRC Tallital Nainital - 235570
- TRC Bhimtal - 247005
- TRC Naukuchiatal - 247138
- TRC Sattal - 247047
- Ropeway, Nainital - 235772
- ARIES,Nainital - 235136
- Bus Station,Nainital - 235518
- Nainital Club Reception - 235611,235711,235722
Contact KMVN For Booking
Central Reservation Office
Manager, Central Reservation centre C/O Parvat Tours Near Rickshaw Stand Tallital Nanital Phone- (05942) 231436,236956 Fax-(05942) 236374 Mobile- +91 8650002520 E-Mail Address- firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearby Parks and Watter Falls : Jim Corbet National Park & Corbett Fall
Find details of nainital, nainital travel guide, nainital tourism, nainital attractions, nainital travel agents, brochure of nainital, sight seen in nainital, nainital tourist guide, nainital travel packages, nainital travel guide pdf, local tour operators in nainital, nainital travel tips, nainital travel forum, nainital travel places, travel agency in nainital @ www.allseasonsz.com uttarakhand's largest online travel company since 20 years.more nainital tourism