This suspended bridge running from one bank of Ganga to other is the landmark of the city. It was built in 1939. The legend behind it states that Lakshman crossed a bridge made of jute ropes here on river Ganga. The view from the bridge itself is panoramic. The mountains covered in green belt, the waters flowing below, a cool breeze, all these together make Lakshman Jhula a great place to visit. You can also feed the fish in the river below from the bridge itself, the fish gather at the place where people drop food for them.
The Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat, also called as the Maha Aarti, is an evening prayer performed on the banks of the River Ganga. It is a major highlight of the ghat, which attracts a large number of devotees and visitors.
At a height of approximately 5500 feet is the famous temple of Nilkanth Mahdeo. It is situated at a hill top above Swarg ashram. Legend goes that this was the place where lord Shiva had drank venom which had come out from churning the sea. After drinking it, his neck had turned blue with the poison and hence he was called 'Neelkanth', the one with blue neck. To visit this most revered temple of Rishikesh, jeeps are available from Lakshman Jhula..
Ram Jhula is an iron suspension bridge situated at Muni Ki Reti in Tehri Garhwal disctrict in Indian state of Uttarakhand. Built in the year 1986, over river Ganges to cross the river and is a landmark of Rishikesh. Ram jhula is located 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) north of Rishikesh at Muni Ki Reti.
It is the main bathing ghat in Rishikesh where every morning several devotees take a dip in the holy waters of Ganga. The Ghat is so named because it is believed that this is the place of confluence of three holiest Hindu rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Sarswati. This is the place where River Ganga takes a complete right angle turn. The most enchanting experience here is that of the evening aarti. Scores of devotees stand on the steps of the ghat at this time.
Parmarth Niketan is an ashram situated in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. Parmarth Niketan is arranged in the lap of the lavish Himalayas, along the banks of the Ganges. The ashram was established in 1942 by Pujya Swami Shukdevanandji Maharaj (1901Ã¢â‚¬â€œ1965). Since 1986, Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji Maharaj is the President and Spiritual Head of Parmarth Niketan.