Credit Card Security Information
Your credit card security is our priority while you transact with us. We have put in place many checks that ensure complete security of your credit card. We are keen to share this with you to reassure you of our commitment to your credit card data security.
At a network level, your card information is protected by Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology.All IP (Internet Protocol) addresses are tracked and stored. They are required to locate people who may use a card for fraudulent activities.
- Our Customer Service Executives are not allowed to carry their mobile phones or any other personal belongings on the work floor.
- Note pads given to Customer Service Executives is serial numbered and shredded in that order
- Access to shopping websites is barred on the work floor.
Third party authorisation
- For all transactions where the name of the card holder and the passenger differ, we insist on a Third Party Verification (TPA) process. The TPA is an internationally accepted methodology to check credit card fraud. Here we request the card holder to verify their card details and signatures in a faxed format, thus ensuring that the card holder is aware of the transaction.
- Insist on a telephone landline and an address to facilitate future investigations, if required.
- Cross check the validity of the transaction with the respective banker / card issuer. The Banker / Card issuer may call the card holder to authenticate this transaction.
Verified By Visa & MasterCard SecureCode - FAQ
Verified By Visa & MasterCard SecureCode are two unique ways to enhance your card safety when shopping online. It adds a password to your current cards that ensures only you can use it online. All you have to do is activate your existing card with the secure services and create your own password. Once activated, your card cannot be used to make online purchases without your password. Itâ€™ll give you the extra assurance that your Card is safer and more secure when you transact online.
How do I activate my card?
You can activate your card by calling up the bank that issued your card and choosing a password and a personal message. Alternately, if you choose to activate your card during online purchases, you will be required to provide information to your card issuer confirming your identity and then creating your password.
How do I know activation is secure and safe?
All personal and payment card information between you and your bank is transmitted using a high level of encryption (SSL), and is stored on a secure server behind a firewall to protect against unauthorized access.
How do I shop with the Verified By Visa & MasterCard SecureCode systems?
Once you enter your card number at the payment page, a Verified By Visa/MasterCard SecureCode window will appear and your card issuer will display an authentication page. You will be required to enter your password/IPIN and click on submit. Once your identity is authenticated, the purchase process will proceed.
What if I suspect that someone has used my password to make a fraudulent purchase?
If you suspect that a fraudulent purchase has been made, contact your Visa card issuer immediately.
What is a Personal Greeting?
This is a message that you create during sign-up. Each time you enter your password to make an online purchase, your Personal Greeting, as created by you, would be displayed. This is your assurance that you are communicating with the correct financial institution. If the Personal Greeting displayed in the pop-up box is incorrect, please do not enter the password; instead contact your bank Customer Service immediately.
How many cards can I register?
For enhanced security reasons, we encourage you to register all your Visa and MasterCards. There are no limit to the number of cards you can register.