TOURIST PLACES NEAR HARIDWAR:
Few important tourist places around Haridwar are:
Rishikesh, literally means Lord of the Senses, stands for Lord Vishnu and the city is blessed with the flowing of Holy Ganges. The city is a hub of many ancient and new temples, attracting thousands of pilgrims throughout the year. The popular belief of Hindu devotees is that performing austerities in this holy town and offering prayers in the holy temples brings the much needed attainment of , the salvation.
The charming hill station of Lansdowne is also the quietest hill station of India.Lansdowne became popular since Britishers came to India and shifted a part of thecantonment board to Lansdowne from Almora in Uttarakhand (earlier Uttaranchal).Lansdowne hill station is situated at an altitude of 1,706mts above sea level in Uttarakhand India.
Roorkee is a city in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. One of the oldest cities in India, the city of Roorkee is located along the Ganga canal, and is a very well connected region in Northern India, with good access to all the major cities and towns. Roorkee is mainly famous for its very old cantonment, also called the Roorkee Cantonment. Roorkee is also very famous because this city is the main headquarters of the Bengal Engineer Group.
Mussoorie, a picturesque hill station in the Northern part of India, was discovered in the 18th century by Captain Young. The British officials added to the popularity of this hill station, as they mostly visited it as a getaway from the heat during summer. Mussoorie is located at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level, on ahorseshoeÃ‚ shaped ridge. This altitude gives the destination cool and pleasant climate conditions.
Dehradun, the capital of Uttarakhand is prettily placed in the centre of the heavenly Doon Valley surrounded by the lower ranges of mountains -n the Himalays to the north and mist clad Shivalik mountain ranges to the south. Because of its geographical location, it is also called Doon Valley. The valley echoes with the soul-stirring numbers played by the two most revered rivers of India -Ganga and Yamuna flowing by its sides.sea level in Uttarakhand India.
New Tehri is the only planned hill township of Uttarakhand which was made during the construction of the Tehri dam. Every month thousands of tourists visit Tehri to see the stagnant water of the massive Tehri Dam. The Dam is situated amidst high mountains many of which are submerged under water. New Tehri is very well connected with motorable roads. Tehri is situated 69kms from Mussoorie. There are many good hotels in New Tehri.
Auli Tourism is the most popular skiing destination of Uttaranchal state. Auli is situated in Chamoli district of Garhwal region covering elevation from 2,519mts to 3,050mts above sea level. Auli is a "bugyal" which means meadow in the regional language. Auli is often compared with best ski resorts of the world y foreigners.
Joshimath is a popular hill station and a famous centre for pilgrimage at a height of 1,890mts above sea level in Chamoli district of Garhwal division in Uttaranchal. In ancient scriptures Joshimath is described as Kartikeyapura as it has been named after Kartikeya, the God of Katyuri kings. Joshimath is one of the four maths or monasteries established in the 8th century by Adi Guru Sri Shankaracharya.
Badrinath Tourism Sandwiched between Nar and Narayan mountain ranges, Badrinath in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand is naturally bestowed with pristine surroundings.
Gangotri is the highest temple of Goddess Ganga and one of the four dhams of Uttarakhand state. Gangotri is situated at an elevation of 3,048mts above sea level at a distance of 21kms from Harsil. Gangotri offers scenic splendors of rugged terrains, gushing water of Bhagirathi River and snow laden Himalayas.
Hemkund Sahib is situated at an altitude of 4,329 mts above sea level in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand state. Hemkund literally suggests lake of snow and the pristine water of this lake is as cold as snow. Numerous waterfalls, dense forest, enchanting view of the Himalayas, crystal clear lake and the holy Hemkund Sahib are the key highlights of this trekking trip. The weather changes very rapidly at Hemkund Sahib.
Uttarkashi meaning Kashi of the north, is a town in Uttarakhand, India. It is the district headquarters of Uttarkashi district. Uttarkashi is situated on the banks of river Bhagirathi at an altitude of 1352 m above sea level. Uttarkashi is home to a number of ashrams and temples and also to the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering.
Itinerary for Haridwar
One Day Itinerary
- Har Ki Pauri is a famous bathing ghat on the banks of the River Ganges in Haridwar. Har means God(Shiva) and Pouri means Footprint .It is believed that Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu have visited this place in ancient times. Here one can see the footprints of Lord Vishnu on a stone wall. Har ki Pauri is also a main place for holy bath during Kumbh Mela.
- Ganga Arthi is performed at Har-ki-Pauri during Morning sunrise & evening sunset. It is one of the famous rituals in India. It starts after sunset, with great crowds gathered in the region of both the banks of a canal which carries the waters of Ganges. This Ceremony is dedicated to River Ganga which is constantly providing life in the form of her water to people. Ganga Arthi uses fire as an offering.
- Mansa Devi Temple is one of the oldest holy places in the town of Haridwar. The temple is located atop the Bilwa Parvat on the Shivalik Hills.. The temple holds the holy abode of Manasa, who is said to have emerged from the mind of the sage Kashyap in the form of "shakthi". Mansa is regarded as the sister of the holy serpent Vasuki. Mansa means wish and it is believed that the goddess fulfils all the wishes of a sincere devotee. Hence no devotee turnsout without visiting this temple. Devotees who want their wishes to be fulfilled by Goddess Mansa tie threads to the branches of a tree located here. Once their wishes are fulfilled, people come back to the temple to untie the thread from the tree.
- Sivananda Ashram is located beside the holy river Ganges. It is the headquarters and spiritual focal point of a vast worldwide organization called "The Divine Life Society”. This Ashram caters to the cultural needs of the people of all class. Its aim is to disseminate spiritual knowledge through the preservation of the ancient traditions and cultural practices of India by establishing centres for practicing yoga, publishing books, magazines etc..
- Gita Bhawan is situated on the banks of the holy river Ganges, in the middle of Himalayan ranges at Swargashram. It comprises a number of discourse halls and over 1000 rooms which are available free of charge for the stay of devotees. It offers many quiet and peaceful spots for sadhana and meditation which attracts numerous devotees to flock in.
- Swarg Ashram means Heavenly Adobe. It is located 5 km from Rishikesh. As the name connotes, it is a beautiful place situated in picturesque surroundings at the foothills of Himalayas. Swarg Ashram built in memory of Swami Vishudhanand is the spiritual "ground zero” of Rishikesh, filled with a assemblage of various ashrams and temples.
- Patanjalee Yogyapeeth is a medical and research institute in Yoga and Ayurveda. Patanjali Yogpeeth is making Haridwar a popular spot to visit for Ayurvede related medicine and health fitness.
- Chandi Devi Temple: Chandi Devi Temple is a holy temple located at a hill top, Neel Parvat near Haridwar. Goddess Chandi is the presiding diety of the temple which is 4km away from Haridwar.
Two Days Itinerary
Three Days Itinerary
- Day 3:- Sightseeing of Rishikesh Morning spend 01 hour with astrologer to discover your future, love fortune, lucky number, compatibility with your life partner, zodiac signs, professional astrological information or any other information required by you. Later drive to Rishikesh - also known as the 'place of sages', at the confluence of the Chandrabhaga and Ganga. It is believed that God by the name of 'Hrishikesh' had appeared as an answer to the hard penances by Rabhiya Rishi and henceforth the place derived its name. It is the starting point for the Char dham pilgrims but also for the people who are interested in meditation, yoga and other aspects of Hinduism. In Rishikesh visit Laxman Jhula- a hanging bridge on the river Ganga is one of the most famous spot in Rishikesh. According to Indian mythology, Lakshman, the younger brother of Lord Rama crossed the Ganga with the help of hanging bridge made of Jute. The bridge offers a scenic view of the river Ganga as it tumbles down to Haridwar. Also visit Bharat Mandir - the oldest temple in Rishikesh, near the Triveni Ghat. This temple is dedicated to Bharat, the younger brother of Lord Ram. Optional activities -White water rafting.
Four Days Itinerary
- Day 4:- Sightseeing of Rishikesh On this day, wake up to a delicious breakfast in the hotel and spend the day at leisure. Later, return to your hotel for a comfortable stay. Suggested: During the day, you can visit Jumpin Heights, an amusement park famous for its bungee jump, canyon swing and Asia's longest flying fox. Alternatively, you can try white water rafting, a famous activity throughout Rishikesh. You can end your day with a visit to one of the several cafes which serve vegetarian food and tropical non-alcoholic drinks. (Please note, suggested activities are not included in the package.)